[c-nsp] EMI image on 3750-48PS

Asbjorn Hojmark - Lists lists at hojmark.org
Wed Jun 28 15:10:25 EDT 2006

> You will get a software mismatch error if they don't all match
> and you won't get working ports for any switch but the master.

I have had stacks running with two switches running the (then)
EMI software and two running SMI. It worked fine.

(You do have to be careful to match (stack) versions, but that's
another point).

The 'exception that proves the rule' is the 3750G-12S, which can
run the aggregator SDM templates. A 3750G-12S doing that will
only form a stack with other 3750G-12Ss (and will configure them
for the same template).

> Given that, I'd also say if you want EMI on all switches in the
> stack, then you should have EMI licenses for all switches in
> the stack to be legal.

Actually no. You have to have IP Services licenses for all the
switches running IP Services software, but that's it.

-A