[c-nsp] Cisco 7301 running at 99% CPU doing iBGP update

a. Rahman Isnaini r. Sutan risnaini at indo.net.id
Wed Jun 28 22:15:26 EDT 2006

Hi Rodney,

Cool, that'd be such a good reference for us.
I'm running on this 7206 VXR NPE-G1 5 EBGP Peers and two of them with full
routing table & 5 IBGP Peers with each having only less 100 prefixes.

CPU doesn't seem to be enough sometimes (reach 90%) especially right upon
BGP scanning daemon is running.
Is this normal for those above condition (10 Peers).
Or is there any such a good trick to have/schedule the scanning/update not
simultanously.
For eventually would decrease the CPU load.

Thanks in advance.

-- a.RI.r.sutan