[c-nsp] PVLAN

Mathias.Kenfack-Tabakem at TelecityRedbus.com Mathias.Kenfack-Tabakem at TelecityRedbus.com
Thu Jun 29 04:16:32 EDT 2006

Ok. Let say I have two providers (p1 and p2) connected to my peering LAN
and they both peer with me. Since this is a LAN segment they can
exchange traffic either by mistake or just configuring a route-map to
set the next-hop. I believe the best way to stop this is at layer two.
Remember that all these providers connect to me on the same vlan.

	p1	p2
	|	|
	|	|
	|	|
	---------
	    |	LAN segment

	    me (interface vlan 3) - this is the 7609 box

On p1, access vlan 3 (should only allow p1 mac and me mac)

Currently there is no traffic between p1 and p2 thru me and they should
never be but that could change and I don't want to find myself in that
situation.

Thanks in advance.
Mathias,