[c-nsp] Bridge group statement on a VLAN interface??

Church, Chuck cchurch at multimax.com
Thu Jun 29 10:16:30 EDT 2006

Anyone,

	Is it possible to put a VLAN interface into a bridge group?
We've got 2621XM routers with the 16 port ESW cards we use in
conjunction with DSL WICs to provide connectivity to low density
buildings on our network.  Relevant config is below.  I'm not sure if
this is a supported configuration, our internal people who put this
solution together are no longer with the company.  We were experiencing
odd behavior with a workstation sitting on the fa1/0 port.  DHCP worked
up past the 7206 which terminates the PVC through a 6015 DSLAM.  The
7206 had an ARP entry for the workstation, but the workstation couldn't
ping anything.  I didn't troubleshoot it first hand, but trust the
people who looked at it.  Starting to wonder if this is supported.  IOS
was 12.3(13b) on the 2600.

interface ATM0/0
 DSL equipment-type CPE
 dsl operating-mode GSHDSL symmetric annex A
 dsl linerate AUTO
!
interface ATM0/0.1 point-to-point
 bridge-group 21
 pvc 0/21
  encapsulation aal5snap
 !
!
interface FastEthernet1/0       <----  port on 16 port ESW card.
 switchport access vlan 213
!
interface Vlan213
 description <== User VLAN 213 ==>
 no ip address
 bridge-group 21
!
bridge 21 protocol ieee

Thanks in advance,

Chuck Church
Network Engineer
CCIE #8776, MCNE, MCSE
Netco Government Services
Enterprise Network Engineering
Home Office - 864-335-9473
Cell - 864-266-3978
cchurch at netcogov.com

Netco Government Services has recently acquired Multimax and is changing
its name to Multimax Inc.
Visit http://www.multimax.com for more information.