[c-nsp] disabling dfc card on 6500

Tim Stevenson tstevens at cisco.com
Thu Jun 29 13:22:45 EDT 2006

There is no way to disable the DFC alone & keep the LC up & running.
For one thing, w/DFC installed, there is no connection to the bus,
which is required to perform centrallized lookups on the PFC in the
absence of a local fwding engine.

Tim

At 12:04 PM 6/29/2006 -0400, Ross W submitted:

Tim Stevenson, tstevens at cisco.com
Routing & Switching CCIE #5561
Technical Marketing Engineer, Catalyst 6500
Cisco Systems, http://www.cisco.com
IP Phone: 408-526-6759