[c-nsp] Ethernet Authentication

Scott Brown sbrown at ci.sandy.or.us
Fri Jun 30 20:40:31 EDT 2006

We have a WaveRider 900Mhz and Proxim WiFi network (along with Lucent DSL).
While I have yet to get it installed, our WaveRider rep told us about DHCP
Option 82. Basically, once configured right the Option 82 will pass the MAC
address of the bridge (ie: wireless CPE) to the DHCP server. I know haneWin
DHCP server can do this (what WaveRider suggests) - but I am going to try to
get it running off my Debian Linux server...

Scott Brown
Network Administrator
City of Sandy / SandyNet