[c-nsp] DNS query

Vikas Sharma vikassharmas at gmail.com
Wed Mar 1 09:41:14 EST 2006

Hi,

How can I stop Domain name resolution request from dial up (in wireless CDMA
environment) clients having FQDN that is only valid over Intranet. What is
happening in my Organization, every laptop has a FQDN that is resolvable by
local DNS. When the same Laptop goes over Internet, there again it tries to
resolve Domain name, which is an invalid request over Internet. How can I
stop this? In essence, I want when clients are on Intranet they should use
Local DNS to resolve the name. Over Internet they should not try to resolve
the name.
I can not block the DNS traffic on cisco router as it will hamper normal web
surfing.

Regards
Vikas Sharma