[c-nsp] Memory required in 7206 VXR NPE-G1 for several BGP tables

Rick Kunkel kunkel at w-link.net
Wed Mar 1 16:02:10 EST 2006

<snip>

> > The questions...
> >
> > 1.  Is the 7206 VXR NPE-G1 a good choice for this?
> >

> What are the forwarding rates required?  Keep in mind that the 7200 is a
> software-forwarding based system.

How is this measured?  Packets per second?  Mega or Giga bit per second?
If it helps, I don't see incoming and outgoing bandwidth on all the
Internet-facing interfaces combined equalling more than 1 Gbps for quite
some time.  And right now, it's only about 40 Mbps max (again, on the
Internet-facing Interfaces, combined in and out).

<snip>

Thanks,

Rick