[c-nsp] HDLC or PPP for layer 2 encapsulation?

Joseph Jackson JJackson at aninetworks.com
Thu Mar 2 13:01:59 EST 2006

You are correct HDLC is the default.  We use PPP because it is an open
standard and if
For any reason we have to replace a router with a non-cisco at one end
we don't have to configure the other router.
As for the NetBIOS stuff as long as you have IP connectivity between the
too sites you won't have any issues
With the communication of them.