[c-nsp] PPPoE -> VRF Virtual Templates

Matthew Crocker matthew at crocker.com
Thu Mar 2 18:04:07 EST 2006

Hello,

  I have a 7206VXR/NPE-G1/512MB RAM running with a PA-A3-T3 that has
40ish PVCs.  Each PVC is carrying RFC1483 traffic with PPPoE sessions
from subscribers.  I need to be able to terminate PPPoE sessions into
different VRFs based on login info (@domain.com) or with RADIUS
attributes.   Can anyone verify that this can be accomplished?  Does
anyone have any spare configs?

Example:

user at crocker.com goes to VRF crocker.com and is assigned a dynamic IP
address from the crocker.com IP pool
user at acme.com goes to VRF acme.com and is assigned a static IP
address from the acme.com VRF, via RADIUS

VRF will have basic configs with some static routes and an OSPF session.

I'm hoping that the router can preselect the VRF via the @domain.com
part and select a radius server to authenticate off of based on the
VRF.  If not,  I'm hoping that the router can assign the customer to
the VRF based on a RADIUS attribute from our proxy radius server.
Would I need a Virtual-Template for each VRF and then assign that
template the user?  Some PVCs are dedicated to a specific VRF, some
of them will have customers mixed across multiple VRFs

-Matt

--
Matthew S. Crocker
Vice President