[c-nsp] Total bandwidth usage

Kanagaraj Krishna kanagaraj at aims.com.my
Mon Mar 6 11:39:42 EST 2006

Hi,
   We are currently looking into usage based charges for our customers as an
alternative option. Are there any free application thats is able to get total
bandwidth usage (daily/weekly/monthly etc reports) which are port based? MRTG
only gets bandwidth utilization rate and not the exact total utilization. I
have a few questions:

- If an application monitors total utilization for a number of ports on
  different devices wouldn't it be cpu, memory and bandwidth intensive?
- Are there any application that gathers bandwidth usage on intervals? If yes
wouldn't it be a problem if the interface counters are reseted?

Thanks.

Regards,
Kanagaraj Krishna