[c-nsp] 7600 Vs 12000

Drew Weaver drew.weaver at thenap.com
Mon Mar 6 15:01:46 EST 2006

	Hi, I'm sure this question has been raised at least once, but I
am curious as to what the current maturity the 7600 (6500) platform
offers as a routing device as opposed to a switching device? I am sure
Cisco wouldn't have released the 7600 as a router without ensuring that
it would work but I have heard that it has issues with the FIB becoming
corrupt if you maintain a large routing table. I am looking for opinions
related to a service provider environment, and I am considering either a
7609 with a Sup720 or a 12410 with a PRP-2.

Thanks,
-Drew