[c-nsp] DSL PPPoE Static IP via RADIUS

Jeremiah Millay jeremiah at rockriver.net
Tue Mar 7 15:40:53 EST 2006

Hello,
I'm trying to set up Static IP leases from RADIUS to PPPoE clients. The
only way I can get the client a static IP at this point is via DHCP
using the client ID / hardware address.
Here is a snippet of my current config:

interface Virtual-Template1
 mtu 1492
 ip unnumbered Loopback1
 no logging event link-status
 peer default ip address dhcp
 ppp authentication chap
!
!
ip address-pool dhcp-proxy-client
ip dhcp-server X.X.X.X   ! This actually points to my router locally
!
!
ip dhcp pool PPPOE             ! Main DHCP Pool
   network X.X.X.X 255.255.255.0
   dns-server X.X.X.X
   default-router X.X.X.X
!
ip dhcp pool teststatic    ! A test static DHCP lease
   host X.X.X.200 255.255.255.0
   client-identifier 0067.6e61.7266.4072.6f63.6b72.6976.6572.2e6e.6574
   dns-server X.X.X.X
   default-router X.X.X.X

!
ip dhcp excluded-address X.X.X.201
!
radius-server configure-nas
radius-server host X.X.X.X auth-port 1645 acct-port 1646 key 7
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

!

Here is part of my radius config for a user:

someuser at domain.net   User-Password == "somepass"
        Framed-Protocol = PPP,
        Framed-Routing = None,
        Framed-MTU = 1492,
        Framed-Address = X.X.X.201,
        Framed-Netmask = 255.255.255.0

(Note I've also tried 'Framed-IP-Address')

Users can authenticate just fine, but their addresses will always be
assigned via dhcp not RADIUS. Anyone out there have a similar set up or
can point me in the direction I need to go to figure out how to get this
working with RADIUS?
Thanks
Jeremiah

Rock River Internet                            Jeremiah Millay
202 W. State St, 8th Floor              jeremiah at rockriver.net
Rockford, IL 61101                      815-968-9888 Ext. 2202
USA                                               fax 968-6888