[c-nsp] 6500 vs 3750 stack

Asbjorn Hojmark - Lists Lists at Hojmark.ORG
Tue Mar 14 13:52:33 EST 2006

> I realize I'm comparing apples and oranges here but I'm
> considering using a stack of 3750s instead of a pair of 6509s
> mostly because the cost of a 48 port 10/100/1000 line card is
> twice what another 3750 would cost me.

Not really:

WS-C3750G-48TS-S = $13,995
WS-X6748-GE-TX   = $15,000

> Site's only pushing ~80Mbps but will clearly grow.  Any
> compelling reasons to go one way or the other?

Well, besides the lower performance and the fewer features, I
guess you could say the 3750 does the same as the 6500... Of
cause, if you don't *need* the performance and features, the
6500 will buy, then there's no compelling reason to chose the
6500.

Since you didn't say what features you need, there's really not
much any of us can add to that equation.

-A