[c-nsp] FWSM vs. stand alone FW

Henry Anslinger fortmreza at yahoo.com.au
Tue Mar 14 21:21:46 EST 2006

thanks Scott, I imagine it will be a pain in the a55. We have dual VCs per customer, so lots of config to be done

cheers
Ivan

"Voll, Scott" <Scott.Voll at wesd.org> wrote:        v\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} o\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} w\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} .shape {behavior:url(#default#VML);}           6 isn’t bad, try 20+

  You have to setup new Vlans (one per WAN interface) with /30 subnets and route-map all traffic from your WAN ATM PVC to that new VLAN that is setup as a FWSM VLAN.

  Then you have to setup Static routes to the Customer on the FWSM to that vlan and on the Cat back to the customer on the ATM WAN.  I don’t’ have a clue how you would do it if you had multiple links to the customer since you have to run statics.

  Good luck and make sure you get it right the first time.  Troubleshooting is a bear.

  Scott