[c-nsp] Individual ARP clearing on cat6k

Greg Schwimer gschwim at gmail.com
Wed Mar 15 13:01:58 EST 2006

I have a need to clear the arp entry for single IP addresses pretty
frequently.  I'm running Sup720 w/ 12.2(18)SXE4.  In a given VLAN, I need
frequently need to move a /32 IP that is active on a host on the VLAN to a
firewall that resides on the same subnet.  This change in mac address causes
the IP to go unreachable until the arp timout occurs for that entry (up to 4
hours), or I clear the arp table for the entire VLAN.  Unfortunatly, the
command structure for IOS only allows clearing arp entries for an entire
interface rather than individually.

Any ideas on a safe workaround to this?