[c-nsp] 6 GigE ports on NPE-G1?

Tim Franklin tim at colt.net
Thu Mar 16 11:59:18 EST 2006

> I read on
> http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps341/products_
> tech_note09186
> a00800c814a.shtml the following interesting sentence: "The NPE-G1 has
three
> Gigabit Ethernet interfaces, with a total of three or six ports available
at
> a time."

I strongly suspect that's a typo for "a total of three *of* six ports
available".  (Given that 'f' is next to 'r', and both sentences pass both a
spelling and grammar check *grin*)

> If this is true, this would be very good news - I always thought that you
> only had 3 GigE interfaces, with the choice of RJ45 or GBIC for each, and
> not 6 as this seems to claim.

You thought correctly.

Regards,
Tim.

____________   Tim Franklin                 e: tim at colt.net
\C/\O/\L/\T/   Product Engineering Manager  w: www.colt.net
 V  V  V  V    Managed Data Services        t: +44 20 7863 5714
Data | Voice | Managed Services             f: +44 20 7863 5876