[c-nsp] where to begin with netflow?

Matt Stockdale mstockda at logicworks.net
Thu Mar 16 16:08:56 EST 2006

http://www.dynamicnetworks.us/netflow/

I just did this recently - It's given me a lot of insight into the edge
of my network and was immediately useful.

I also am taking 2 full views on 6500/720's, and with 300Mb/sec of
Internet transit, I'm collecting about 2.5Mbps of Netflow. I have a
collector running dual Xeon 3.2's, and it has a little extra headroom,
but not much. I am running both CampusIO and CUFlow, picking one and
ditching the other would help with the processing time.

Matt