[c-nsp] overly optimistic pps rates?

Andrew andrew.cnsp at gmail.com
Fri Mar 17 01:15:07 EST 2006

Hello-
So I'm looking at Cisco's router performance guide
<http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/765/tools/quickreference/routerperformance.pdf>.
 Are these pps overly optimisic, or are they pretty dead-on for
average internet traffic?  I'm looking to run a full DS3 with a Cisco
2811.  The 2811 wouldn't be doing anything else -- I was going to have
a Catalyst 3750 do a multihop BGP session to the far end of the DS3.
I'm looking to do around 30-40Mbps and around 90pps.  Is the 2811
going to cut it?

<newbie> Also, what's the difference between the ATM DS3 NM (NM-1A-T3)
and the "standard" DS3 module (NM-1T3/E3)?  I'm looking to setup an IP
connection between my device and another ISP.  No Layer 2 transport or
anything fancy.</newbie>

Thanks!