[c-nsp] ST not disabling port?

Jee Kay jeekay at gmail.com
Sat Mar 18 06:53:39 EST 2006

On 18/03/06, Garry Glendown <gkg at gmx.de> wrote:
> Anyway, after finally getting the appropriate bits and pieces, I
> connected 2 3560 and a 3524 yesterday ... going through fiber links
> between the 3524 and each of the 3560, and a dual copper gbit
> etherchannel between the two 3560's, none of the links were disabled --
> all links are shown as "green", "show int" lists them as active - I
> couldn't find anything not working, no obvious loops ...

I havn't done a lot of work with straight STP, but certainly with
PVST(+) the actual links themselves aren't disabled as such, they're
just moved into the Blocking STP state.

If you do 'show spanning-tree interface <blah>' (or 'show
spanning-tree summary' I think it is) you should be able to see that
interfaces are infact being blocked.

Ras