[c-nsp] cisco WS-C2950G-12-EI forwarding rate

jamie baddeley jamie.baddeley at fx.net.nz
Tue Mar 21 02:59:41 EST 2006

Hi,

We have a network that consists essentially of 2 3550's interconnected
via a 2950G-EI. The 3550's are carrying QinQ, which is why we extended
the MTU out.

We've configured the 2950 to act purely as a layer 2 intermediate
switch.

---

config snippet:

vtp mode transparent
!
spanning-tree mode pvst
no spanning-tree optimize bpdu transmission
spanning-tree extend system-id
system mtu 1530

interface GigabitEthernet0/1
 description Northbound
 switchport mode trunk
 no ip address
 udld port
 no cdp enable
!
interface GigabitEthernet0/2
 description Southbound
 switchport mode trunk
 no ip address
 udld port
 no cdp enable

---

C2950-I6Q4L2-M, 12.1(19)EA1 is the IOS.

We've done some load testing and discovered the forwarding rate per flow is around 220 Mbps sustained.

I would've thought that we'd see no per flow limitations through this switch configured this way.

Is that incorrect?

cheers

jamie

--