[c-nsp] Redistribute of bgp asXX and EIGRP asXX

Kenny Sallee k_sallee at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 21 13:49:34 EST 2006

Are you sure?  I'm doing this w/ an MPLS service from
Qwest and I've not used the 'redistro internal'
command.  Isn't that an older command as a failsafe /
'are you sure you want to do this' mechanism.  Here's
my config:

router eigrp 1
 redistribute connected
 redistribute static
 redistribute bgp 65001 metric 100000 10 255 1 1500
route-map bgp-to-eigrp
 network 1.0.0.0
 network x.x.x.0
 default-metric 1544 20000 255 1 1500
 no auto-summary
 no eigrp log-neighbor-changes
!
router bgp 65001
 no synchronization
 bgp log-neighbor-changes
 network y.y.y.y mask 255.255.255.252
 redistribute connected
 redistribute static
 redistribute eigrp 1 route-map eigrp-to-bgp
 neighbor z.z.z.z remote-as 209
 neighbor z.z.z.z soft-reconfiguration inbound
 neighbor z.z.z.z route-map qwest-bgp-inbound in
 neighbor z.z.z.z route-map qwest-bgp-outbound out
 no auto-summary

And the route-maps w/ ACL's to only redistro what I
want.

I've never used the redistro internal command when
doing this.  So either I'm off my rocker or that
command is not required anymore.

Kenny

--- Félix Izquierdo <fizquierdo at l3consulting.com>