[c-nsp] Possible memory corruption w/ 12.2(18)S11

Jon Lewis jlewis at lewis.org
Tue Mar 21 23:52:21 EST 2006

On Tue, 21 Mar 2006, Greg Boehnlein wrote:

> And secondly, what are the major differences between the follwing release
> trains? If there is a document that explains this, I'd be happy to read
> it.
>
> IP
> IP PLUS IPSEC 3DES
> ENTERPRISE IPSEC 3DES

Unfortunately, this varies with version and platform.  I was recently
surprised to find in 12.3 IP on the 1700 series, BGP is not included.
IIRC, IP Plus or better is needed.  I know, the 1700 series is hardly
"core routers", but we have a customer who intended to use one to connect
to us and doesn't need routes from us but needs to announce a few routes
to us via BGP.