[c-nsp] Dumb question?

Pete Templin petelists at templin.org
Wed Mar 22 19:30:10 EST 2006

Peter Kranz wrote:
> We have some copper T1's coming into a DC where we have a 12008.. Is there
> any way to terminate T-1's into GSR w/o requiring the carrier bundle them
> into a DS3?

AFAIK, not with a specific linecard.  You could mux them into a DS3
yourselves.  Aside from lots of CAC Widebank M13 muxes on the
aftermarket, we're having modest luck with Adtran MX2820s, but RAD has a
neat DS3 mux as well.  The RAD unit is 1RU with RJ45 jacks for the T1s,
so there's no need for external connection panels, etc.

pt