[c-nsp] Infrasructure advice

Mark Tohill Mark at u.tv
Fri Mar 24 05:39:04 EST 2006

Hi,

Has anyone got advice regarding separation of
functions/services/customers in an ISP environment.

One of our PoP's works entirely on layer 2 cascaded switches with no
vlaning etc. Entire infrastructure, services and customer hosting are
one /24. We intend to replace L2 switches with 6509(s)/Sup720 and move
to a VLAN topology with routing on MSFC, with dynamic routing
considering no. of vlans which may result.

We have 2 x 7200 connecting to upstream providers/backbone.

Can anyone advise on best route to go regarding separation into vlans,
manageability of vlans etc.

I realise it's a fairly wide remit :)

Thanks
Mark