[c-nsp] Active/Standby VLAN's to 3640

Paul Stewart pstewart at nexicomgroup.net
Sun Mar 26 10:23:50 EST 2006

Hi there..

Just looking for some direction on best method to use:

We have (9) Cisco 3640's right now in our distribution layer.  For
layer3 they have two ethernet ports going to each of our core routers
(OSPF), however "inbound" connectivity to each router is a single
interface (dot1q subinterfaces for each VLAN inbound).  I'd like to
bring up a second interface on each router for VLAN redundancy in case
we lose a card etc. and then have each of the two layer2 switches with
the ability to deliver on either interface (run a trunk interface
between them and allow the VLAN's etc.)

I have been reading about HSRP for this application but not sure it's
what I really want to do....??

Thanks,

Paul Stewart
IP Routing/Switching