[c-nsp] Suggested / Recommended IOS version for 6500-Es

Hyunseog Ryu r.hyunseog at ieee.org
Mon Mar 27 12:41:39 EST 2006

Currently I'm using 12.2.18SXE4 for MPLS/BGP environment.
SXD version is pretty much old version, and SXE versions earlier than
12.2.18SXE4 may have some security advisory associated.
I was interested in SXF3, but since we are using SXE train, I just stick
to SXE4.
It seems o.k. so far.
We are using SUP720-3BXL.

Hyun

Mikael Abrahamsson wrote:
> On Mon, 27 Mar 2006, Mark Zipp wrote:
>

>> I'm hoping some battle scarred (and weary) members of this list might be
>> able to save us some time and point us towards some IOS versions that
>> they've had good success with.
>>

> You don't say what SUPs you have, but I hope you got the Sup720-3BXLs.
>
> For them I'd basically say "latest and greatest" is the one to get..
> Currently this is 12.2.18SXF3. We've only seen increased quality of code
> over time on this platform, we had some weird problems with earlier
> releases of SXD and SXE, but since SXE3 and SXF things has become much
> better.

Hyunseog Ryu or A.K.A. Hyun
Senior Network Engineer
Applications Engineering