[c-nsp] 6500: egress replication mix and match with non-forwarding line cards

christian.macnevin at uk.bnpparibas.com christian.macnevin at uk.bnpparibas.com
Tue Mar 28 05:39:12 EST 2006

  Cheers Ian! The caveats don't seem to bad here - just so long as I'm not
planning on using my 6816 ports as multicast-enabled
interfaces, I should be safe.

Cheers
Christian

Internet
icox at cisco.com

27/03/2006 19:49

tstevens, Christian MACNEVIN, cisco-nsp
cc

Subject
Re: [c-nsp] 6500: egress replication mix and match with  non-forwarding
line cards

There was a feature added in 12.2(18)SXF that allows one to force the
system into egress mode, with the caveat that no multicast is sourced
or egresses the non-egress capable card.  Please make sure you
understand what you are doing if you use this feature.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps708/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a00804356a8.html#wp1076728

The Enhanced FlexWAN, 7600-SIP-200, 7600-SIP-400, 7600-SIP-600 are
also egress capable.

Ian