[c-nsp] Force PFC mode

Richard A Steenbergen ras at e-gerbil.net
Thu Mar 30 13:46:53 EST 2006

On Thu, Mar 30, 2006 at 08:20:18AM +0200, Suchy Daniel wrote:
> I think only one way is reset whole system.
> Changing operation mode from PFC3BXL to PFC3A (for example installing
> new module with DFC3A) requires reset, reverse operation will be the
> same according to my opinion.

Well, software powering off the card and resetting the system doesn't
help. It's like it scans through the cards in order, and even though the
card with the DFC3a in slot 1 is disabled, it has already detected 3a as
the operating mode for the system by the time it gets around to the sup in
slot 5:

*Mar 30 08:15:35.652 UTC: %C6KPWR-SP-4-DISABLED: power to module in slot 1 set off (admin request)
*Mar 30 08:15:54.572 UTC: %OIR-SP-6-DOWNGRADE_EARL: Module 5 PFC installed is not identical to system PFC and will perform at current system operating mode.

So, it seems the only way to force the system back into 3BXL mode is to
physically remove the card and then power cycle?

*sigh* Too many years w/jnpr, I keep forgetting to lower my expectations.