[c-nsp] Sup32 Memory upgrade

Rafi Sadowsky rafi-cnsp2 at meron.openu.ac.il
Tue May 2 03:07:47 EDT 2006

On Mon, 1 May 2006, Tim Stevenson wrote:

> <sigh> There is a short answer & a long answer. I'll try sticking to
> the short answer ;)
>
> H/w NAT entries in PFC3 are bound by the size of the netflow table.
> Each NAT entry requires 2 NF entries, hence, you can get at most
> 64K/128K (PFC3AB/BXL) NAT entries in h/w. For overload (PAT) case,
> each NAT entry requires 4 NF entries, so 32K/64K.

Hi Tim,

  Are you sure with regard to the sup720BXL ?
Or am I misunderstanding you ?

gp1#sh mls cef maximum-routes
FIB TCAM maximum routes :
=======================
Current :-
-------
  IPv4 + MPLS         - 512k (default)
  IPv6 + IP Multicast - 256k (default)

gp1#sh module 7
Mod Ports Card Type                              Model              Serial No.
   7    2  Supervisor Engine 720 (Active)         WS-SUP720-3BXL     SAD090502PG

[snipped]

--
Thanks
 	Rafi