[c-nsp] HSRP & Sonicwall problem

Eric Helm helmwork at ruraltel.net
Tue May 2 09:44:40 EDT 2006

Hello,
I have the following setup:
2811-1
      -- Cisco 2950 -- Sonicwall Firewall
2811-2

The issue is that the Sonicwall stops communicating with the HSRP Active
router. I have tried setting a static ARP entry for the VIP, however the
communication will still cease. At this point, the static ARP entry must
be deleted, then I have to initiate a ping from the Sonicwall to the VIP
to get things going again.
Here is the config snip from the HSRP interface in question:

interface FastEthernet0/0
 description Uplink to Sonicwall
 ip address 192.168.0.4 255.255.255.0
 no ip redirects
 no ip unreachables
 no ip proxy-arp
 ip nbar protocol-discovery
 ip route-cache flow
 duplex full
 speed 100
 no mop enabled
 standby version 2
 standby 10 ip 192.168.0.2
 standby 10 timers msec 500 msec 1500
 standby 10 preempt
 standby 10 authentication ntw-admi
 standby 10 track FastEthernet0/1

Is there anything from this config that could be tweaked, or any
suggestions for the Sonicwall to fix this issue?

FYI, I have a similar setup in another location, exact HSRP config on
the 2811, but using a Pix firewall in place of the Sonicwall. This setup
works flawlessly.

Thanks,
Eric