[c-nsp] Fwd: tacplus and rancid combined

Estes, Paul pestes at covad.com
Wed May 3 12:56:15 EDT 2006

The # in your banner is probably the culprit. From the RANCID FAQ:

Q. Are there any characters in the banner that rancid has problems with
OR
   I changed the device's command prompt and now collection is failing?
A. The trickiest part about clogin (et al) is recognizing the prompt
   correctly.  clogin looks for '>' and '#' to figure out if it is
logged
   in or in enable mode.  So if you have a '>' or '#' in your login
banner
   (or other motd), then clogin gets all confused and will not be able
to log
   in correctly, and thus rancid will fail.

--Paul