[c-nsp] Catalyst 6509 / MSFC - NTP (Out of sync)

Raymond Ho raymond.wj at gmail.com
Wed May 3 14:32:57 EDT 2006

To addon to the following, it happened to both our MSFC2/PFC/Sup2 and it takes a long while to be back on sync.

Do pardon me, is it a normal symptom for it to be out of sync periodically ?

Jeff,

how often do you face such issues ?

--
Regards,
Raymond Ho

"Winning isn't important but playing to win is the vital blood of champions..."

Raymond Ho wrote on Wed, May 03, 2006 at 10:00:58AM SGT :
| Hi Jeff,
|
| Did you manage to find anyway to overcome the issue ?
|
| ***
| Anyone else in the list faced the same problem ?
|

| Jeff Kell wrote on Wed, May 03, 2006 at 09:50:31AM SGT :
| | Raymond Ho wrote:
| | > Presently, our MSFC2 is acting as our local Stratum 2 NTP server. Lately, the NTP clients weren't able to sync to it.
| | > Whenever that happens, we manually queried the Stratum 1 NTP Servers which we're peer-ed to and it's working but the clients were unable to sync it.
| |
| | > Does anyone of you happen to face the same issue ?
| | > MSFC2 Software (C6MSFC2-PK2SV-M), Version 12.1(26)E3
| | Yes, sort of, only native Sup2/MSFC2/PFC2  Version 12.1(26)E5.  Even
| | with 6 peer stratum-1s it drops sync periodically.
| |