[c-nsp] Interface SNMP readings

Kanagaraj Krishna kanagaraj at aims.com.my
Fri May 5 10:51:09 EDT 2006

Hi,
   I have a doubt regarding the SNMP reading of MRTG on Cisco interfaces. My
current setup has a Cisco 2950 switch connected to a GigE port on a 7206 (NPE-
G1). This is detailed setup:

- Subinterfaces are configured on the GigE for customers on different VLAN.
  (Inter-vlan routing ) and the approproate vlan is configured on the
  switchport.
- rate-limit command applied on each subinterface according to each customers
  subscribed bandwidth.

My questions are:

- Based on the MRTG graph (on both subinterface and the corresponding
switchport), only the outgoing traffic reflects the rate-limit, meanwhile the
incoming shows over the set limit. Is this right?

- How can i confirm that the rate-limit is working on both egress and ingress?

Thanks,
Kanagaraj Krishna