[c-nsp] VTP question

Robert Hass robhass at gmail.com
Fri May 5 15:38:14 EDT 2006

Hi
I've got Catalyst based network looks like this:

SW1 ----ge----- SW2 ----ge----- SW3

SW1 is in VTP-Domain called 'localvtp', server mode
SW2 is in VTP-Transparent
SW3 is in VTP-Domain called 'localvtp', server mode

SW1 and SW3 has diffrent VLANs database, will SW2 transport VTP frames
between SW1 and SW3 ? My goal is to SW2 should filter VTP frames. I've
same VTP Domains at SW1 and SW3 and SW2 is only transporting 4 VLANs
between SW1 and SW3. How I can gain this effect ?

All switches are Cisco Catalyst 3750 running Cisco IOS 12.2(25)SED.

Thanks,
Robert