[c-nsp] Taking advantage of route-refresh

Pete Templin petelists at templin.org
Tue May 9 10:59:19 EDT 2006

Vincent De Keyzer wrote:

> 1.	will I actually save memory? Or is the "soft-reconfiguration
> inbound" command ignored if the router supports route-refresh?

Yes, you'll save memory.  No, the command is not ignored if route
refresh is supported.

> 2.	how do I check that the peer supports route refresh?

edge1-ifmt#sh ip b n | i refresh
     Route refresh: advertised and received(new)
     Route refresh: advertised and received(new)
edge1-ifmt#

> 3.	how do I remove the "soft-reconfiguration inbound"command without
> breaking anything?

Just do it.  You may need to reload to actually save the memory though -
YMMV, but I had to reload to claim it back.

pt