[c-nsp] PPP multilink synchronization

a. Rahman Isnaini r. Sutan risnaini at indo.net.id
Tue May 9 23:37:00 EDT 2006

My experience,

I'm running MLPPP on serial on different links type.
For a direct layer 2 link MLPPP seems to running properly should any of E1
having problem.
Both sites declare line protocol down.

    Router-Serial/E1 Converter-Microwave w/ E1s-Serial/E1 Converter-Router

For segmented layer 2 link MLPPP (multihop) using LC/what ever.
MLPPP doesn't work pretty well.
If one of each MUX/Converter having problem at one site, on other site the
line protocol still Up.
And the MLPPP keeps forward all traffic in balance load to all active
serial.

    Router-Serial/E1 Converter-MUX-Switching-Switching-MUX-Serial/E1
Converter-Router

So, yes the transmitting / receiving became not perfectly work.
There should some packets to lost.

Salam,
a. Rahman Isnaini r. Sutan