[c-nsp] TCAM troubles on 3750 stack

Michael Loftis mloftis at wgops.com
Thu May 11 04:56:37 EDT 2006

--On May 1, 2006 4:26:22 PM +0300 Saku Ytti <saku+cisco-nsp at ytti.fi> wrote:

> On (2006-05-01 12:38 +0200), Alexander Gall wrote:
>
>> It got worse.  I had to perform an emergency reload after the router
>> had started dropping all traffic routed via the default route (no time
>> to investigate this new effect, though).  The symptom with the wrong
>> mac address is now gone, but the "covering fib" effect is still there.
>> This box seems truly broken.  Comments inline.
>
> Ok, if you're opening TAC case for this, I'd really like to hear how
> it goes. Just in case I'll ran into same issue some day.
>
>> Yes, all more specific routes with the same adjancency have the same
>> RWI value and they work.  Clearly, the adjancency itself is fine.
>
> Ok.

Likewise, I've got a single 3750 right now, but it won't be too long before
we're adding a second and third member so knowing where this bug is would
be a good thing.  So far I'm only barely using the L3 functionality on this
switch (most of it is in the M7i instead) and now I'm a little leery of it.