[c-nsp] 7600 VRF and MPLS

Jay Young j1010y at gmail.com
Fri May 12 10:21:31 EDT 2006

Hello all,

I'm trying to determine if the 7609 SUP73-3B's I have will support VRFs and
MPLS, specifically if I will be able to place the SVI's I currently have
into VRF's and use MPLS to tie the VRF's across several routers together. I
know with EoMPLS I need to use physical interfaces/sub-interfaces to get it
to work but, this doesn't seem to work very well when you have lots of vlans
heading down different trunks.

Also will the VRFs be able to support multicast and IPv6. Cisco says they
can scale to 500 VRFs, how much salt should I take with this number?

Thanks much,
Jay