[c-nsp] L2 Tunnel Question

Mark Lasarko mlasarko at co.ba.md.us
Fri May 12 12:43:49 EDT 2006

Greetings,
I am having an issue getting CDP to function over an SP's link.
I can ping across, but cannot see neighbors.

They have a core 7600, but the drops at the sites are (Fujitsu) Flashwave's.

Anyway we have established trunk ports on both sides and can ping;
VLAN 1 and other relative vlans are explicitly allowed, etc...

I connect the core and client switches back to back and everything is good.
I plug into the Flashwave(s), which are supposedly piped directly to the 7600 in the CO.
We have some access, but no CDP...

Here is the config the SP sent to me:

7613#sh run int f13/17
!
 interface FastEthernet13/17
 description Core
 switchport
 switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q
 switchport trunk allowed vlan 270-272
 switchport mode trunk
 no ip address
 speed 10
 duplex full
 l2protocol-tunnel cdp
 l2protocol-tunnel stp
 l2protocol-tunnel vtp
 no cdp enable
 spanning-tree bpdufilter enable
end

7613#sh run int f13/19
!
interface FastEthernet13/19
 description Site1
 switchport
 switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q
 switchport trunk allowed vlan 271
 switchport mode trunk
 no ip address
 speed 10
 duplex full
 l2protocol-tunnel cdp
 l2protocol-tunnel stp
 l2protocol-tunnel vtp
 no cdp enable
 spanning-tree bpdufilter enable
end

7613#sh run int f13/20
!
interface FastEthernet13/20
 description Site2
 switchport
 switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q
 switchport trunk allowed vlan 272
 switchport mode trunk
 no ip address
 speed 10
 duplex full
 l2protocol-tunnel cdp
 l2protocol-tunnel stp
 l2protocol-tunnel vtp
 no cdp enable
 spanning-tree bpdufilter enable

Any thoughts on this?
We are trying to terminate into a 3550 at the core and 2900XL/3500XL switches at the clients/spokes.
Keep in mind the XL's are just for proof of concept, we'll be into 3750's all around in production.

TIA,
~M