[c-nsp] OSPF -> BGP for customer routes

Barrie Jones Cook barrie at stevegibbard.com
Fri May 12 13:17:27 EDT 2006

>>> The iBGP is for your internal network. I reckon
you can adopt
>>> whatever policies you want.
>>
>> Yes indeed, but how do I apply differentiated
policies to different
>> peers? Is dampening not a BGP *global* command?
>
>do you really need to do this? I'd be careful as a
your customers are
>not used to you dampening down their prefixes, and
the benefit is
>likely
>questionable in this environment.
>
>       oli

Oli,

Unless I'm mistaken, I think he was originally asking
if he could *not* dampen his customers (because I
gather he already dampens his external peers).  To do
this, as Pete Templin mentioned, you can use a
route-map to dampen, denying your customer routes and
setting specific dampening parameters for other routes
(adapted from the scheme of somebody very smart that I
know):

 bgp dampening route-map flap-dampen

route-map flap-dampen deny 10
 match ip address prefix-list cust-nets