[c-nsp] "No IP CEF" disables MPLS VRF routing?

Garry gkg at gmx.de
Tue May 16 12:09:56 EDT 2006

Hi,

while debugging another problem, I came across something I didn't know
before - in order to get a packet debugging to actually give me some
output, I disabled CEF on a router - at the same time, MPLS routing
seems to have stopped working correctly, at least I could not reach some
sites that were in a VRF and present at a different location ... as I
couldn't keep the connectivity for them down once I noticed what had
happened, I couldn't analyze what had actually happened, all I know is
the regular routing through the backbone was still working ... anybody
care to enlighten me?

Tnx, -gg