[c-nsp] QoS possible on the 7600 Sup720-3bxl?

The Father the_father at allstream.net
Wed May 17 12:42:56 EDT 2006

Tim,

Thanks for the suggestion.  I did something similar to what you wrote
below and here's my config and subsequent error messages:

access-list 76 permit any
access-list 101 permit ip any 192.168.41.0 0.0.0.255
!
class-map match-any all-traffic
 description Match all traffic
 match access-group 76
!
class-map match-any ACL101
 description Match priority block
 match access-group 101
!
policy-map test-voice-lan
 class ACL101
  set mpls experimental imposition 5
   priority percent 33
 class all-traffic
  set mpls experimental imposition 1
   bandwidth percent 66

Trying to apply the policy-map outbound resulted in this error:

7609-lab(config-if)#service-policy output test-voice-lan
%Priority command with parameter not supported on GE-WAN4/1. Please
configure police along with priority to limit the amount of traffic on
priority class
7609-lab(config-if)#

I tried making the config changes as suggested in the error message and
then I got this:

7609-lab(config)#int ge-4/1
7609-lab-hcap(config-if)#service-policy output test-voice-lan
%PRIORITY command with "match access-group" class not supported on
GE-WAN4/1
7609-lab(config-if)#

So I decided to change both queues to CBWFQ and this is what I got:

7609-lab(config)#int ge-4/1
7609-lab(config-if)#service-policy output test-voice-lan
%Weighted Fair Queuing with "match access-group" class not supported on
GE-WAN4/1
7609-lab(config-if)#

It looks like the router doesn't like matching on ACLs for this
particular setup.

Jose