[c-nsp] Anycast services

Thu May 18 11:37:43 EDT 2006

Hi,

Comments inline.

You can't ensure that packets routed to an Anycast address will always
arrive at the same end point. They might arrive at a different node.

Hence, you can't use Anycast for any kind of stateful service (e.g. TCP/IP).
The correct approach to using it here would be to Anycast your DNS servers,
and only have your DNS return entries for servers/cluster-groups that are
known to be up.

Sam