[c-nsp] Pim multicast problem

lee.e.rian at census.gov lee.e.rian at census.gov
Fri May 19 07:09:09 EDT 2006

"Sergey Velikanov [Intelsoft]" <sv at intelsoft.com> wrote on 05/19/2006
01:59:10 AM:

> lee.e.rian at census.gov wrote:
> > Do you have a 'redistribute static' or something like that on R1?
> > It's not clear if multicasts from 10.0.0.6 will pass the RPF check on
R2 or
> > not.
>
> yes it pass RPF. Problem was in "F" Flag, see my other messages please.
> How can I set F flag on (S,G) if S available via routing?

This is just a guess, but proxy registering sounds like what you want
... This configuration will enable the router to register traffic from the
dense mode region with the RP in the sparse mode domain.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios122/122cgcr/fipr_c/ipcpt3/1cfmulti.htm#wp1028916

HTH,
Lee