[c-nsp] L2TP Question

Ahmad Cheikh Moussa acm at netuse.de
Fri May 19 09:40:02 EDT 2006

Hi!

I have a LNS Server on which I terminate my L2tp
DSL Sessions. This works fine without any problems.
So now, I want to configure a l2tp forwarding to another
LNS Server, which is located at the customer site.
The customer wants to manage and authenticate his users
by himself. So I have to configure a forwarding of the
l2tp Session to the customer. Until now I have the problem that
my LNS Server tries to authenticate the user of the customers and
do not forward the l2tp request further to the customer.

Here a cut of my config:

vpdn enable
vpdn multihop
vpdn authen-before-forward
vpdn aaa attribute nas-port vpdn-nas
vpdn search-order domain
vpdn domain-delimiter % suffix
!
vpdn-group 1
  description DSL Dialin
  accept-dialin
   protocol l2tp
   virtual-template 1
  session-limit 128
  terminate-from hostname dsl_provider
  lcp renegotiation always
  l2tp tunnel password 7 ***************

vpdn-group 222
  description L2tp forwarding to customer
  request-dialin
   protocol l2tp
   domain %customer#home at dsl-dialin.de
  initiate-to ip 1.1.1.1  limit 2
  source-ip 2.2.2.2
  local name NetUSE-KielNET
  l2tp tunnel password **********

The goal is to forward all request, which contains
%customer#home at dsl-dialin.de to the customer, without
to authenticate this user by my own database.

Is this possible, or did I overlook soemthing ??

The command "vpdn authen-before-forward" is needed, because I have
l2tp tunnel, which is configured via radius.
I have configured "no authen-before-forward" within the vpdn-group
configuration mode. But this command is not shown in the show running
output, I think it is a default value.

Thanks in advance,
  Ahmad

--