[c-nsp] Cisco 7204 VXR strange behavior

Raymond Macharia rmacharia at gmail.com
Mon May 22 04:05:47 EDT 2006

Hello,

I have had a very strange phenomenon on a Cisco 7204 VXR router running IOS
version 12.3(5).
It is running normal non fancy configs, basic eigrp and BGP and route maps.

The router's CPU suddenly went up to 99% and after checking on the log and
flow out put I realized that it was dumping traffic to the null 0 interface.
after some checks I realized the route maps were doing this because when I
removed them this disappeared and the router CPU went down to 30% ( my
normal usage)
This route maps have been there and no other change was made.
Has anyone had this problem?
--
Raymond