[c-nsp] [Fwd: Re: QoS possible on the 7600 Sup720-3bxl?]

Bisazza, Chris Chris.Bisazza at colt.net
Tue May 23 06:48:14 EDT 2006

Jose,

With PFC QoS you cannot schedule priority percentages (or percentages in
general).

Depending on what you want:
 - If you want to limit bandwidth, use (flow or microflow) policers.
 - If you don't want to limit bandwidth, then traffic will be forwarded
on a best-effort basis based on  COS (which is derived from DSCP/IP PRI
etc).

use 'show queueing interface xxx/x' to see how your queues are set and
how many drops you have. This will enable you to make an informed
decision.

Remember that the aim of PFC QoS is to enable line-speed forwarding at
interface level, so you cannot do much at that point. If you want to do
any decent QoS processing, this needs to be done on the PFC.

Chris.