[c-nsp] default MED configuration

Nikolay Pavlov quetzal at zone3000.net
Thu May 25 13:34:10 EDT 2006

On Wednesday, 24 May 2006 at 14:25:24 -0400, David Coulson wrote:
> Nikolay Pavlov wrote:
> > Hi, Guys. I have a strange issue with my cs3550. I am unnable to set
> > default MED to my BGP advertisments.
>
> > cs3550-Border-TOR(config-router)#default-metric 20
>
> MED != route metric.

Actually here is a quote from my Catalyst 3550 Multilayer Switch
Software Configuration Guide Cisco IOS Release 12.2(25)SE November 2004,
Chapter 30 Configuring IP Unicast Routing, Configuring BGP Decision
Attributes, Page 30-47:

default-metric number
(Optional) Set a MED metric to set preferred paths to
external neighbors. All routes without a MED will also be
set to this value. The range is 1 to 4294967295. The lowest
value is the most desirable.

> > cs3550-Border-TOR#clear ip bgp * out
>
> Don't you want to clear your inbound routes instead? That'll do more good.

No. I want to set MED on advertisment routes.