[c-nsp] Cisco & Juniper POS interoperability

Diego Castro dcastro5 at yahoo.com
Sat May 27 13:36:18 EDT 2006

Mark

I had a 7206VXR running 12.1(26)E4 service provider
using PA-POS-OC3SMI or PA-POS that is connected to my
ISP that has a Juniper M10.
Now we got a new card  PA-POS-2OC3 that requiere a new
version and is recommended 12.0(30)S1.
I installed that version on my router but after
restarted the POS interfaces doesn't show up/up, only
the protocol was down.
The new card is not installed, because I need that
both cards be in the same router.
The first step was to install the new software with
the old hardware without luck.
So i was wondering that maybe is needed some change in
the Juniper or Cisco configuration.

I'm sorry for the long history.

Diego